App 1 of 30
So I’m starting out my Apps with #30, the one I didn’t have on my list. I’ve recently started back swimming and wanted to know how many meters I’ve swam. Like most pools the one I swim in is only measured in yards. The pool I swim in is 25 yards long and I count 1 lap as down and back. So 1 lap equals 50yards.
You can find the source code attached.
Lessons Learned in this app:
- How to pull text from a text field
- How to only show numbers for text fields
- How to hide the keyboard when I click the background
- How to multiply numbers: int and doubles
- Bind controls in an app
- Keep track of the meters/laps I’ve swam in X time
- Sum up the meters/laps in X time
- Dress up the UI
SwimMate Source – Box.Net
SwimMate Source – Dropbox